People often neglect the most important part of their body, their feet.
The constant pressure they are under, carrying your whole body weight for up to 10,000 steps a day!
Here is some advice on how to learn to love your feet and keep them happy. #HealthyFeetHappyFeet
Natural foot care remedies
The state of your feet is known to affect your whole body so it’s important to show our feet a bit of love and attention. Pedicures, scrubs and moisturising regularly will ensure your feet get the attention they deserve. You will not only feel relaxed but your feet will look great too!
Tip: To save money make a homemade scrub by mixing sea salt and olive oil and add a few drops of essential oil for an extra touch. Peppermint will cool down hot, aching feet; rosemary oil will help to warm cold feet and aid circulation.
But if you want a quick fix: Buy Medipod Foot Repair Cream, it is a 2-minute a day foot spa in a tube. It has tea-tree oil which has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and will help to treat any nasty fungal infections.
DIY ReflexologyThe art of reflexology is to help alleviate various ailments through massaging the feet. Research shows that there is a direct correlation with bad foot care and problems such as back ache and knee problems and found that 80% of women in Britain have suffered from foot problems due to ill-advised footwear.
Therefore it is important to take note of changes in our feet as this could indicate problems elsewhere. Holistic Masseuse, Carolina Laugh has given us some great tips on how to look after your feet through reflexology.
- Moisturise plenty- this will help calluses, broken heels and dry skin. Medipod foot repair cream works really well as well as normal foot cream.
- Massage with your thumbs applying a firm pressure, while using Medipod foot repair cream as it warms the bones from the inside and refreshes the feet.
- Rolling your feet over a tennis ball or an unopened can on the floor is an easy and effective way to massage your feet at home.
- Concentrate on your big toe for respite related to you head.
- Did you know that toes are related to sinus? So if you are suffering take time on each toe for sinus relief.
- Many of us suffer with aches and pains in our back so focus on the arch of your foot for soothing this area.
- Your left foot is linked to your liver; right foot to your heart and the ball of your foot is aligned with your lungs, so again focus on the relevant one dependent on your body’s needs.
- If you have been having troubles with your digestive system pay most attention to the middle area of your foot as this is associated with digestion.